If you’re ready to buy a home, you have options. Should you buy an existing home or have one custom-built brand new? The choice is yours, but there are definite advantages to building a new construction home over buying an existing property.
Benefits of New Construction
There are many benefits of buying a new construction home. These advantages help minimize the stress of the home buying process, allowing you to feel more secure in your home purchase. When you decide to build from the ground up, here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive:
- Low-Cost Maintenance. Everything is new—plumbing, wiring, appliances, everything. With modern plumbing, appliances, heating, and air conditioning, a new construction home requires little beyond routine maintenance for many years.
- Safety. New construction has to meet all applicable building codes and safety standards. This means your family and property are safer, and there’s no need for repairs to bring it into compliance with modern building codes.
- Fits Your Style. You won’t have to settle for features that you don’t like. You can be in charge of the design details. Depending on local building codes, homeowner’s association restrictions, or lot size, you have many opportunities to personalize a custom-built home.
- Energy Efficiency. Modern building codes require higher levels of energy efficiency in new construction. New windows, doors, and seals help create a more energy-efficient home. New homes are better insulated, reducing heat loss during the winter and keeping your home cooler in the summer.
- Green Appliances. A new home is more likely to have energy-efficient appliances installed. New water heaters, air conditioning units, refrigerators, washing machines, and other appliances run more efficiently and can offer significant energy savings.
- Healthier. There is a significant effort to build homes using healthier and more environmentally friendly materials. This includes using low volatile organic compounds (VOCs) paints, which emit almost no toxic fumes. Spray foam insulation is safer than traditional asbestos products and provides a tighter seal.
- New Home Warranties. Most new home construction comes with a warranty. This protects you if something happens during the warranty period, such as a faulty water heater or a leaky roof. You’ll typically also have a manufacturer’s warranty on the new appliances in your home. This means no out-of-pocket expenses for several years if something does go wrong.
Hire the Right Company to Build Your Dream Home
When you decide to have a home built, count on RT Construction to do it right. We build custom homes to your specifications. Homebuilding materials and methods continue to evolve. We implement up-to-date construction engineering and safety procedures to guarantee your new home is solidly built, energy-efficient, and fits your style. We’ll work with you to design a home that you’ll enjoy for many years to come.
Based in O’Fallon, Missouri, we’ve helped many satisfied customers in St. Charles and St. Louis County build the home of their dreams. Let us do the same for you.
Give us a call today at 636-317-5636 to schedule a free consultation.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY!
Allow us to help you make your construction dreams a reality. Whether it’s a residential or commercial property, we’ve got you covered.